COVID-19 Support For Businesses in the Town of East Gwillimbury
Update: Application Intake Closed
South Lake Futures is proud to announce we have partnered with the Town of East Gwillimbury to implement a program to assist businesses in these trying times. The Town of East Gwillimbury has established a $250,000 Emergency Response Benefit to support local businesses during the COVID-19 pandemic. The fund will grant eligible businesses, experiencing significant negative financial impacts up to $10,000 each. The funds will be provided as grants to local businesses to a maximum of $5,000 for businesses employing one to four people and up to $10,000 for businesses employing five people or more. The intent of the program is to assist in ensuring ongoing viability of the business post-COVID-19. Businesses will be screened first for program eligibility and then prioritized based on the assessed financial impact of the mandated closure.
The benefit will be administered through South Lake Futures. Eligible businesses must meet all the following requirements:
• Be located in East Gwillimbury;
• Be a registered business (sole proprietorship, partnership or corporation where the applicant is the major shareholder);
• Demonstrate a minimum of 30 per cent loss of revenue;
• Have 2018 tax filing information complete; and
• Demonstrate the ability to maintain operations for six months, prior to the COVID-19 pandemic.
Businesses not eligible include:
• Corporately owned franchises
• Not-for-profit or charitable organizations
• Multi-level marketing ventures
• Businesses that are strictly conducted online
Application intake will begin on Monday, May 11th and ends on Friday, May 22nd. For more information and eligibility requirements, please find the application below. To apply, please submit a completed copy to the attention of Amir at email@example.com. Once your application is received, the CED Officer will acknowledge receipt of your application submission by email. If you do not receive an email, please contact the office. It is the responsibility of the applicant to ensure that their application was received.